The Old Ways
A run chain set in the Scandinavian Federation, as described in this ancient unofficial book by Anders Lundgren. I encourage you to read it all to get a better idea, but the tl;dr is the following: Scandinavia is under harsh military rule. The government owns a large number of the local corporations, and strictly regulates foreign corporations. ScanFed has a big military, a number of intelligence agenices, a secret police, and a large space program with several manned stations. I've written some notes for myself here that give a very quick rundown of some of the big players in Scandinavia.
Here's a map of Scandinavia.
- Ares have several lucrative R&D contracts for the military, as well as the space program. They want to keep them, several forces would like to take them.
- The government is planning to give extraterritorial territory to another megacorporation. Aztechnology wants to establish a foothold in the country, as does Saeder-Krupp.
- Shiawase has landed several lucrative power plant contracts.
- The terrorist organization Pure Life are working against the powerplants because they are nuclear-powered.
- The terrorist organization Sons of Odin are working against the powerplants because they're built by foreigners.
- In Scania, the rebel faction Snapphanarna fights for independence. Some cities there are in open rebellion.
Other Misc. Hooks
- Stockholm has a secure zone for corporations called the International Plaza. It's policed by a joint corporate task force overseen by the Military Police, and known as the Forbidden City to citizens. Any run against extraterritorial buildings here would be extra challenging due to the strict security of the Plaza.
- Most of mainland Denmark is a polluted wasteland due to oil-related pollution. In addition, Copenhagen is covered in nuclear fallout after the meltdown of a nuclear reactor in sweden. The evacuation was hasty, and who knows what people left behind.
- Former northern Norway is now Lapland, a NaN-esque country for the Saami natives. The border areas between the two countries were ravaged by the war and are filled with toxic shamans and spirits. Lapland uses large-scale ritual magic to put up barriers to keep toxic spirits and pollution out, but if put under serious stress, these barriers could fail.
- The Barents Sea is filled with ScanFed and Russian pirates, which has soured relations between the two countries.
- ScanFed is infamous for their rehabilitation camps, blacksite prisons where criminals undergo various levels of brainwashing and mental manipulation to be rehabilitated and reintroduced to society.
- The ScanFed space program includes the manned moonbase Viking and the mars lander Ares I, crewed by an AI named Nidhogg.
Locations used so far
- Copenhagen, a flooded and irradiated city filled with mutant raiders and toxic awakened and critters. It is a Harsh radiation enviroment.
- Stockholm, the capital of the Federation with its aforementioned Forbidden City.