You're So Vain
You've done your good deed for the year, helping the little people. Now it's time to make the big bucks, doing what really matters, solving problems for the rich and famous. Not the cold, faceless, legion of suits ready to buy your services, but the messy passions of the idle rich. Movie stars, heirs and heiresses, bored trophy wives and their equally bored husbands. Think The Young and Restless, but unless you're helping someone fake their death, they probably won't be back next season. Learn to blend in with a higher class of clientele, cut your teeth on their social games, but watch your back, these people didn't get where they are by playing nice.
General Run Ideas
- Except, you know, make it look good for the insurance payment. Because contract killing, is a beat we can all dance to.
- Dangerous spouse won't let you leave? Star crossed lovers need to elope in style? Personal assistant who's seen to much to leave alive?
- Lots of skeletons in rich people's closets: secret children, stolen inheritance, dalliances with the help, fraudulent tax statements, hidden connections, voted for a socialist
- Good old fashioned heist
- Maybe these rich bastards just need to be taken down a peg
- The only thing better than getting some millionaires hidden loot, is getting paid by his rivals to do it
- Insurance Scams
- Papa knew that Yacht was a bad investment, but he couldn't resist, and now the payments are going to bankrupt the family unless. . .
- Or maybe you just slip in fall on an icy sidewalk in front of their mansion. It's July, but you can figure something out.
- Astral Shenanigans
- Some crazy old lady wants to talk to her dead husband? You can't do that, but if her money spends well you can probably make it look like you can
- Millionaires's idiot son is trying to get into Seattle University on a magic scholarship, but they spent too much time impressing girls and not enough on conjuring? Well,you could always donate a library, or maybe someone can take that practical for them. . .
Likely Corporate Tie Ins
- Ares Global Entertainment runs advertising for Ares and distributes a lot of movies and sim-sense, but they also provide the services of Hard Corps and Wolverine security companies who might just run protection
- From PR firms doing damage control for clients, banking and industry interests (BANCOMEX), to just plain old commerical products and locations (Stuffer Shack), there are lots of ways for rich people to entangle themselves with Azzies
- Likely lots of customers for bioware among the rich and powerful, but EVO also offers ATRP: Investment, CrashCart Medical Services, Ersatz!: Simsense, MetaMatrix: Social Media, and Yamatetsu Productions: Media
- The most obvious choice for many reasons, but some of the less considered angles might be Colbert Group (finance/legal), Olympus Designs (architecture/design), Wanderlust (tourism), or Common Denominator (fashion/consumer electronics)
- MCT has a wide range of media services that might entangle some rich starlet such as Confederate Broadcasting Company, Highstar Inc., MediaSim, Meechi Games, Mitsuhama Media, Mitsuhama Music, Sakura Studios, Soonan Simsense
- NeoNet and Spinrad
- One man's loss is another man's gain, while the imminent collapse of NeoNet likely has many investors perched on the ledges, others are making their big plays by backing the new kid on the block as he tries to gobble up the former AAA's remains
- lots of angles to work from Adams-Westlake Mediawork, Architectural Dynamics, Champion Financial,GloBank, GrideGuide, Harland & Wolf Nautical Designs, Underwater Living, and many more
- Early investors in SK are probably old money these days, likely firms include American Broadcasting Service (Media), BMW (Automotive), Commerzbank (Finance), SaederLine (Fashion), or Lothian-Vaea PLC (Finance)
- The first of the Megas, Shiawase has a little something for everything, Opulent Sushi (luxury restaurants), Shiawase Nanotech (Nanotecdh/Medtech), Shiawase House Bank (Banking), Shiawase Fashion [Jean-Paul, Wellington Bros., Vashon Island], Shiawase & Rubicon Advertisement,Shiawase Simsense Studios, Shiawase Health [Da Fang Rejuvenation Clinics, Shiawase Medical Response & Rescue], Shiawase Welfare [Shady Pines Retirement Homes, Tengoku Enclave] (Healthcare Service Providers)
- Banking and shipping masters of the world, lots of ways for rich people to get tied up with them. Their lesser known media enterprises are: AA Entertainment, Jam Bo Games, LotusMultimedia, Tiger Trideo and Simsense, Saito Studios